What could you do with a foreign language degree?
Service and Education
- Educational Administration Including: Student Affairs. Study Abroad Programs. International Houses or Cultural Centers. International Student Services.
- Civil Service.
- Social Work.
- Mission Work.
What kind of job can you get with a language degree?
Related Occupations for Foreign Language Majors
|Air Traffic Assistant||Intelligence Specialist|
|Foreign Exchange Trader||Teacher|
|Foreign Service Officer||Tour Organizer|
|Foreign Service Peacekeeping||Translator|
|Foreign Service Specialist||Travel Agent|
Is a foreign language degree worth it?
Studying a degree in a foreign language doesn’t just bestow upon you a highly desirable skill set, it also gives you an invaluable leading edge by presenting you to potential employers as a distinctly 21st century candidate. Not only can foreign language skills help you get a job, they can also help you keep one.
Is foreign language a good career?
Learning a foreign language is not only extraordinary career option it is also attracts to fulfill your passion for knowing different cultures and also give good salary. There are so many languages French, German, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and many more.
What should I study if I love languages?
The Best College Majors For Language Enthusiasts
- 1) Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- 2) Linguistics.
- 3) Linguistic Anthropology.
- 4) Language Studies.
- 5) International Studies.
What job can I get with a Spanish degree?
A selection of possible careers available to those with Spanish degrees:
- Education: Bilingual Educator. College Professor.
- Business: International Relations Consultant. Foreign Exchange Trader. …
- Culture/Tourism: Cultural Events Coordinator. Travel Agent. …
- Government: National Security Agent. Immigration Officer.
Do translators make good money?
How Much Does an Interpreter and Translator Make? Interpreters and Translators made a median salary of $51,830 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $71,590 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $37,740.
What are top paying jobs?
Here is a look at the top 100 highest-paying jobs:
- Cardiologist. National average salary: $351,827 per year.
- Anesthesiologist. National average salary: $326,296 per year.
- Orthodontist. National average salary: $264,850 per year.
- Psychiatrist. National average salary: $224,577 per year.
- Surgeon. …
- Periodontist. …
- Physician. …
Which foreign language is in demand?
10 foreign languages in demand across the globe
- Mandarin/ Chinese language. …
- Spanish. …
- Portuguese. …
- German. …
- French. …
- Russian. …
- Japanese. …
Is a degree in French useful?
A French degree is an excellent foundation to become a modern foreign languages teacher. If you earn a postgraduate teaching qualification such as a PGCE, you’ll be able to teach French in secondary schools, sixth form colleges, or primary schools as a specialist languages teacher.
Are language degrees employable?
If you studied a modern language, you’ll be pleased to know you’re very employable! Language skills are in high demand in many different career sectors, especially if you work for a business which operates internationally. …
What can I do after BA foreign language?
Job Opportunities After Learning Foreign Languages
- Become a Translator, Interpreter, or Teacher. …
- Work for the Immigration / Custom Services. …
- Jobs in MNC, KPO, BPO, & IT. …
- Hospitality, Travel & Tourism. …
- Reap big from Import & Export Sector.
Which foreign language gives more salary?
Of all the foreign lingos making headway in the industry, Chinese (Mandarin) is the highest-paid language. A person who speaks Chinese receives as much as an Rs. Million-plus yearly.
Which job is best in foreign?
9 Popular Types of Jobs Abroad for Recent College Grads
- Teaching English. Teaching English abroad is one of the most popular methods of finding work abroad, and for good reason!
- Healthcare. …
- Technology. …
- Hospitality. …
- Agriculture. …
- Childcare. …
- Communications. …
- Business Administration.