What makes a great walking tour?
The most important thing about a good walking tour is that the visitor is either learning something new or laughing along the way. The content quality is of utmost importance. Focus on getting the facts right.
How do you market guided tours?
7 alternative marketing strategies to sell more tours and…
- Partner with other local businesses. …
- Selling your experiences on niche or local OTAs. …
- Work with your local DMO. …
- Get on directories and listings. …
- Give out discount codes to customers to share with their friends. …
- Focus on your content.
What are walking tours?
A walking tour is a tour of a historical or cultural site undertaken on foot, frequently in an urban setting. Short tours can last under an hour, while longer ones can take in multiple sites and last a full day or more. A walk can be led by a tour guide, as an escort.
How do I give a great tour?
The Do’s of a Great Tour Guide
- Tip #1: Do your research. …
- Tip #2: Know your audience. …
- Tip #3: Rehearse what you’re going to say. …
- Tip #4: Introduce yourself. …
- Tip #5: Give a brief overview of the tour route, along with some of the major highlights guests can expect to see.
How much should I pay for a free walking tour?
It depends on the length of the tour, how other people are on the tour and and how satisfied you are after the tour, but it’s common to tip anywhere from $5-$20 per person. If you consider the cost of paying for a group or private tour, even though “free” tours aren’t totally free, you’re still saving money.
How can guides create a better working relationship with drivers?
Ways to build relationships with Tour Guides and Drivers
Ask them if they drive for other companies, and ask for a contact at that company. Guides often work for multiple companies, or have worked at others in the past and can give you contacts. Offer a welcoming environment. Many attractions offer drivers lounges.
How do tour companies get clients?
Attending events and trade shows will help to keep your clientele growing, look up events in your local area. You can also create social media groups to attract clients outside your local area who are looking for travel agent services. … Partnerships are another excellent way to grow your customer base.
What is the best marketing strategy?
The best marketing strategies to try in 2020
- Educate with your content.
- Personalize your marketing messages.
- Let data drive your creative.
- Invest in original research.
- Update your content.
- Try subscribing to HARO.
- Expand your guest blogging opportunities.
- Use more video.