What documents should I take for F1 visa interview?
Set 1: Mandatory Documents Required for F1 Visa Interview
- Copy of interview appointment letter.
- DS-160 Confirmation Barcode printout.
- Original, valid Axis or Citi Bank VISA fee receipt (Applicant’s Copy)
- Original I-20, approved and signed by you and the University authority.
- SEVIS Fee Receipt.
- Birth Certificate.
What should I bring to a student visa interview?
An interview appointment letter confirming that you booked an appointment through this service. An approved Form I-20 from your U.S. school or program. Applicants must sign and date the form. A Form I-901 SEVIS fee receipt indicating you paid the SEVIS fee.
What should I bring to US visa interview?
You must bring the following documents to the interview:
- Appointment Letter – The interview appointment letter you received from NVC.
- Passport – For each applicant, an unexpired passport valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States.
How do I prepare for an F 1 visa interview?
The tips below are intended to help you prepare for your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in your home country.
- Ties to Home Country. …
- English. …
- Speak for Yourself. …
- Know the Program and How it Fits Your Career Plans. …
- Be Concise. …
- Supplemental Documentation. …
- Not All Countries Are Equal. …
How long does i20 process take?
The date is usually on or around your last day of classes of your current term. After receipt of all required documents, it takes about 2–3 weeks for your I-20 to be processed.
Is birth certificate mandatory for F1 visa?
Therefore, you should apply for an F1 visa at the earliest possible as scheduling an interview may take time depending on the city, season and visa category. 5) Birth certificate: A birth certificate issued by the government authorised body. 6) Valid Passport: You must have a valid passport to apply for the visa.