Forms of tourism: There are three basic forms of tourism: domestic tourism, inbound tourism, and outbound tourism. These can be combined in various ways to derive the following additional forms of tourism: internal tourism, national tourism and international tourism.
What are the 4 categories of tourism?
Broadly speaking, there are four major types of tourism namely: (i) international tourism, (ii) domestic tourism, (iii) long distance tourism, and (v) short distance tourism.
What is tourism category?
Tourism is the act of travel for recreational, leisure or business purposes, and also refers to the provision of services in support of this act. …
What are the 2 classifications of visitors?
- B-1: visitor for business.
- B-2: visitor for tourism.
- WB: visa waiver for business.
- WT: visa waiver for tourism.
What are the major categories of tourism products and services?
Types of Tourism Products
- Accommodations; For example, Taj, ITC Hotels.
- Transportation; For example, Owning taxis, luxury buses, and boats.
- Retail Travel Agents.
- Tour Operators.
- Shopping Centers such as malls.
- Cinema Theatres such as PVR.
- Restaurants for Food and Beverages.
- Tourism Information Centers.
What are the 5 A’s of tourism?
These key elements are known as the 5 A’s: Access, Accommodation, Attractions, Activities, and Amenities.
How many types of visitors are there?
The 4 different types of visitors.
What are the types of tourism in the Philippines?
- 5.1 Beaching and diving.
- 5.2 Hiking.
- 5.3 Research and education.
- 5.4 Arts and crafts tourism.
- 5.5 Pilgrimage.
- 5.6 Festivals.
- 5.7 Wellness tourism.
What are the characteristics of tourism?
Characteristics of the Tourism Industry
- Perishability. Image by Jeremiah Blatz. …
- Inconsistency. Image by Andy Carvin. …
- Investment and immobility. Image by Travis S. …
- People-oriented. Image by C. …
- Inseparability. Image by Peter E. …
- Intangibility. Image by Tirol Werbung. …
- Inflexibility. Image by firstname.lastname@example.org. …
What are the common types of services that tourists need?
A tourist product is an object that attracts tourists having elements: accommodation, transportation, dining and entertainment as well as attraction and tours.