Simply the best trip we ever did.
A two-day boat tour from Labuan Bajo. Overnight on the open deck.
If you’re planning on going to Flores, Indonesia, it might be better not to continue reading this as it will contain some spoilers. We went there without expecting anything and we were really amazed. So go to Flores, book a boat tour, and when you come back read the rest to compare our experience with yours.
- most amazing deserted tropical islands
- dolphins swimming along our boat (we didn’t even know there was a chance of seeing them
- sleeping not so much on the hard mats on the floor of the boat.
- Komodo dragons – they are even bigger than on National Geographic channel
- massive swarm of bats going out to hunt at sunset
- Hot coffee, bananas, nasi goreng from the on board kitchen staff (the boat has a driver who also runs the kitchen with his wife) yes the boat has a small kitchen.
- sun tanning on the sun deck
practical info: you can book your tour from the small shops that are easy to find in Labuan Bajo. You can negotiate the price. We were there in low season and got a private boat for 2m Indonesian Rupiahs (roughly 125 Euro).